The Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Advisor will lead the WASH component of a multi-sectoral development assistance program and will provide technical support to address WASH challenges in targeted communities in northern Uganda. The WASH Advisor will provide technical support to identify opportunities and challenges for WASH interventions and will work with community-based health and agriculture agents to ensure appropriate project interventions reach targeted communities. He or she will be responsible for providing technical leadership on WASH interventions and technologies and developing social and behavior change communications tools and activities related to WASH. The WASH Advisor will also support program M&E activities and will coordinate with local public and private sector entities and other ongoing donor interventions.
Location: Karamoja sub-region, Uganda
- A Master’s degree in public health, rural development, development sciences, social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience implementing WASH programs and/or WASH components of large food security programs in developing countries, experience in Uganda preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to design and lead implementation of WASH activities.
- Proven leadership and communication skills especially working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- At least five years of managerial experience overseeing technical teams and consultants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other local languages, as needed.