The International Water Research Institute (IWRI) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University invites applications for faculty positions specialized in the area of Water Resources Engineering. The position is open to individuals who hold Engineering graduate/MS degree and PhD in Water Resources Engineering and/or Management with emphasis on Hydrology, Hydrogeology, hydrodynamic and solute transport modeling or a closely related field. Research expertise should encompass in addition to arid and semi-arid water resources thematic, numerical modelling of components of water cycle, uncertainty quantification. Field work experience is considered as an asset. Preference will be given to those with good research and teaching experience. Good communication skills, both verbal and writing are important. Fluency in French and English are preferred.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Have the desire and ability to teach courses at the undergraduate level related to the candidate’s areas of research interest.
- Perform multidisciplinary research andcontribute to develop a funded research program.
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in international journals refereed by his/her peers.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
Criteria of the candidate:
- PhD in the subject discipline
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the subject discipline
- Relevant experience in the subject discipline as postdoctoral researcher, or in industry or in experimentation would be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for target publications.
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and to build upon existing ideas to generate good concepts and solutions.
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Hydrological modeling
- Surface water -ground water interaction
- Uncertainty quantification
- Numerical modelling
- Uncertainty quantification
Located at the heart of the future Green City of Benguerir, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), a higher education institution with an international standard, is established to serve Morocco and the African continent. Its vision is honed around research and innovation at the service of education and development. This unique nascent university, with its state-of-the-art campus and infrastructure, has woven a sound academic and research network, and its recruitment process is seeking high quality academics and professionals in order to boost its quality-oriented research environment in the metropolitan area of Marrakech.
International Water Research Institute (IWRI/UM6P) aims to rethink and adapt research, development, innovation and training to new paradigms to meet the future challenges of water and climate.
IWRI implements interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research programs around issues related to Water and Climate, on the campus of the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in Benguerir, as well as two future Research and Innovation platforms dedicated to Water at the Mazagan Campus and Laayoune Technopole. Its ambition is to act as an African Water Hub through triangular strategic cooperation and partnerships (International Open Space Exchange Platform).
The objectives are to conduct cutting-edge research where local themes are connected to global issues of water and climate, with a focus on:
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Development of advanced water technologies (irrigation, water supply and sanitation, desalination, wastewater treatment and reuse)
- Climate Change and Adaptation Strategies.