IWRA is a non-profit, non-governmental, international membership based Association established in 1971. Its mission is to use events, projects, publications and research to facilitate and inspire dialogue, knowledge sharing, and science-based solutions at the interface between science and policy for the sustainable management of water resources across all sectors, scales and communities. For more information, consult our website at: www.iwra.org.
IWRA is a dynamic and fast evolving association. We are currently seeking an experienced digital media and digital content consultant to support the work of the Executive Office to navigate and take advantage of the fast digital transformation opportunities that are constantly emerging. This person will report directly to the Communications Director.
This person will be responsible for managing all of IWRA’s social media and on-line content:
- Working with other members of the Executive Office, Board, Committees and Task Forces, to ensure that IWRA’s various websites are kept up-to-date, and fully functional, including but not limited to:
- Manage the IWRA membership platform library, ensuring content is up-to-date and engaging – reporting on usage.
- Evaluation of the use of content and digital channels using data to drive and support decision-making on a regular basis, and to encourage innovation utilising feedback, analytics and testing.
- Ensuring the tone of voice, brand image and messaging across all of IWRA’s existing and future platforms and social media channels are aligned with IWRA strategies, as well as policy and legal requirements.
- Supporting content adaptation for different audiences and channels, including members, task forces, geographic chapters, the wider public, IWRA websites, the membership space, social media and third party websites, etc.
- Develop and implement an appropriate social media strategy for the Association, taking into account the diversity of IWRA’s membership.
- Driving IWRA’s content planning and coordination processes across all communications channels, which may involve internal and external contacts.
- Coordination of digital content projects (advertising, marketing campaigns, etc.) liaising with internal and external stakeholders before suggesting courses of action and implementation.
- Identifying relevant digital platforms (e.g. for master classes, webinars, blogs, podcasts) that offer an excellent online user experience, while ensuring the digital content is engaging and easy to find/use.
- Development, use and effective optimisation of video, photography and infographic content.
- Fluent level in written and spoken English
- Degree in Digital Media/Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in building and designing websites
- Experience of copy writing and producing accessible digital content
- Experience at editing video content for on-line distribution
- Experience of developing and implementing content-led marketing strategies and content planning
- Experience of implementing online marketing tactics to drive web traffic, including search and media optimisation, social networking and e-mail
- Competent using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work on own initiative, on different issues at the same time, and to deadlines
- Knowledge of integrated marketing platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, ResearchGate, etc.)
- A working knowledge of French/Spanish or other UN language
- Knowledge of the water sector (hard sciences or political sciences)
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite: lnDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Creative skills and an eye for good design
- Basic knowledge of HTML / HTML5 and other client side web technologies
12 months, open to renewal.
Payment and work conditions:
1,600 € / month (gross) on a consultancy basis (approx. 20 hours per week)
IWRA operates on a remote working model. IWRA also offers the option of a physical workspace, if desired, at its offices located at l’Agence de l’Eau Seine-Normandie, in Nanterre, Paris, France.
Please send you CV and a one-page letter of motivation addressed to Mr. Callum Clench, IWRA Executive Director, at [email protected] by 10-05-2021.