IWRA is a non-profit, non-governmental, international membership based Association established in 1971. Its mission is to use events, projects, publications and research to facilitate and inspire dialogue, knowledge sharing, and science-based solutions at the interface between science and policy for the sustainable management of water resources across all sectors, scales and communities. For more information, consult our website at: www.iwra.org.
IWRA hosts or is planning to host numerous events, including but not limited to the World Water Congress, Regional Water Congresses, Online Conferences, Webinars, Master Classes, workshops, etc. With this growing portfolio the Association needs someone to manage these important activities.
We are currently seeking an experienced events consultant to support the work of the Executive Office, to help the association deliver and grow its expanding portfolio of face-to-face, hybrid and on-line events. Working in a small dynamic international team, this person will report directly to the Executive Director.
This person will be responsible for managing all of IWRA’s face-to-face and on-line events, including:
- Responsible for the design, implementation and monitoring of the events strategies, including the identification of future hosts for the World Water Congresses and Regional Water Congresses as well as sponsors for IWRA’s Online Conferences and other online events.
- Coordination of all IWRA online and on-site events, including logistical and administrative activities in close collaboration with the Executive and Deputy Executive Directors, and Communications Director.
- Organisation of and support to International Scientific Committees (ISCs), and working with local hosts, to ensure oversight of abstract and proposal submission processes across all events.
- Oversee event staging, delegate management and follow-up with all stakeholders, including managing event speakers and attendees, providing briefings and logistical support as required.
- Manage the relationship with suppliers For IWRA-led events.
- Manage reporting to the Executive Board and ISCs for meetings and events, including minutes, summaries, and actions logs, etc.
- Capture specific and general outcomes/outputs from events, and package them into recommendations for publications and to be shared on IWRA’s website, social media channels, etc.
- Work with the Digital Media Officer to select the best digital platforms for on-line events, such as master classes, webinars, etc.
- Coordination of the events calendar with the communications calendar, in collaboration with the Executive Board, Task Forces, Working Groups, Geographic Chapters, and key partners.
- Contributes to the preparation and monitoring of work plans and events budgets.
- Incorporates ethical standards and IWRA’s values as the basis of all interactions.
- Ad hoc contribution to thematic and other activities of the Association, including identification and application for alternative fund raising opportunities, research of opportunities to develop existing or new projects, etc.
- Fluent level in written and spoken English
- Demonstrable experience in events management
- Experience in planning, organising and hosting international and high-level face-to-face and online events
- Ability to coordinate people and to work in a multi-cultural environment and across time zones
- Proven ability to find future hosts and sponsors for events
- Experience in using different events platforms and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in strategic planning and events management
- Competent using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to work on own initiative, on different issues at the same time, and to deadlines
- A working knowledge of French/Spanish or other official UN languages
- Knowledge of the water sector (hard sciences or political sciences)
- Experience in implementing online and on-site marketing tactics
- Experience of fundraising or brokering sponsorships
- Creative skills and an eye for good design
12 months, open to renewal.
Payment and work conditions:
3,200 € / month (gross) on a consultancy basis (approx. 35 hours per week)
IWRA operates on a remote working model. IWRA also offers the option of a physical workspace, if desired, at its offices located at l’Agence de l’Eau Seine-Normandie, in Nanterre, Paris, France.
Please send you CV and a one-page letter of motivation addressed to Mr. Callum Clench, IWRA Executive Director, at [email protected] by 10-05-2021.