IWRA is a non-profit, non-governmental, international membership based Association established in 1971. Its mission is to use events, projects, publications and research to facilitate and inspire dialogue, knowledge sharing, and science-based solutions at the interface between science and policy for the sustainable management of water resources across all sectors, scales and communities. For more information, consult our website at: www.iwra.org.
IWRA is a dynamic and fast evolving association. We are currently seeking an experienced communications consultant to support the work of the Executive Office, to help us navigate the challenges and opportunities that all associations face with the on-going changes to the worlds of publishing, events and communications. This person will report directly to the Executive Director.
This person will lead all communications and outreach of the Executive Office, including:
- Design, implementation and monitoring of the 2022-2025 communications strategy, to deliver member loyalty programmes, brand awareness, and member and partner satisfaction.
- Supervision of content planning, creation and coordination processes across all communications’ channels, documents, materials and events.
- Responsible for all Association communications and outreach, related to all publications, events and activities.
- Strengthening of IWRA’s brands (Association, Water International, World Water Congress, etc.), while developing new ideas and strategies to raise their visibility and profile.
- Management of the digital media officer who is responsible for maintaining and updating IWRA’s websites, membership space (Raklet) and digital media channels.
- Management of other part-time communications team members such as the Copy Editor, the Graphic Designer and interns, etc.
- Working with the Events Officer to coordinate with the hosts of each World Water Congress and Regional Water Congress to develop and deliver all communication related activities, as well as for all IWRA-led events (on-line conferences, webinars, master classes etc.).
- Overall responsibility for advertising and email marketing campaigns, and promotion of all IWRA outputs.
- Management of IWRA’s communications and events calendars in coordination with the Executive Board, members, Task Forces, Working Groups, Geographic Chapters, key partners and supporters.
- Creation of newsletters, media articles, speeches, press releases, press kits, marketing materials, etc. as necessary.
- Final approval of video, photography and infographic content.
- Management of IWRA’s stands and promotional activities (including branding) at all face-to-face conferences and events.
- Responsible for the creation regular KPIs and reports based on the access of IWRA content and digital channels whenever is required, and reporting to the IWRA Executive Board.
- Management of Board Elections, including Board candidacies, voting platform, reports, etc.
- Ad hoc contribution to thematic and other activities of the Association, including but not restricted to partner collaboration initiatives and projects; assistance to IWRA Executive Committees, Task Forces, Working Groups, Geographical Chapters, etc.; identification and application for alternative fund raising opportunities; and language translation responsibilities.
- Fluent level in written and spoken English
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Media, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead people and to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work on own initiative, on different issues at the same time, and to deadlines
- Experience in managing websites and website development
- Experience of creating thought leadership positioning, and delivering reputation management programmes
- Experience of developing and implementing content-led marketing strategies
- Experience of implementing online and on-site marketing tactics
- Experience in strategic planning and project management
- Competent using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages
- A working knowledge of French/Spanish or other UN language
- Experience in planning, creating and hosting online and on-site events
- Knowledge of the water sector (hard sciences or political sciences)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: lnDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of integrated marketing platforms (Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Raklet, etc.)
- Experience in international events processes and organisation
- Creative skills and an eye for good design
12 months, open to renewal.
Payment and work conditions:
3,500 € / month (gross) on a consultancy basis (approx. 35 hours per week)
IWRA operates on an international remote working model. IWRA also offers the option of a physical workspace, if desired, at its offices located at l’Agence de l’Eau Seine-Normandie, in Nanterre, Paris, France.
Please send you CV and a one-page letter of motivation addressed to Mr. Callum Clench, IWRA Executive Director, at [email protected] by 10-05-2021.