Purpose of Position
Why does the job exist?
How does it get done?
2. Prepares recommendation memorandum for water rights applications, research water right files, survey maps, aerial photography, and other historical data as required in the preparation of recommendations for pending water right applications.
3. Assists with the preparation of memorandum of recommendation to the Water Resource Manager, District Manager or staff attorney assigned to the case for protested or aggrieved water right applications and prepare exhibits in support of written recommendations on pending water right applications.
4. Conducts field investigations when necessary to obtain information for field reports or for technical memorandum and reports.
Who are the customers?
2. Ability to represent and speak on behalf of the agency at meetings and public events.
3. Experience and extensive knowledge of New Mexico water right issues.
4. Ability to work closely with the water rights managers to ensure objectives of the Water Rights Divisions are met consistently and with sound, defensible judgment.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
6. Understand, implement, and promote adherence to state water law, OSE Rules and Regulations, and permit conditions of approval.
7. Perform complete file review, and prepare memoranda with appropriate supporting documentation to take action on applications.
8. Document water rights history and finalize water rights transactions with sound and justifiable decision-making.
9. Perform field checks and resolve complaints when necessary.
10.Use all tools available to do your job (Office suite, WATERS database, GIS, GPS, Flowtracker, etc.) and continue to develop advanced skills.