The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation of the Federal Republic of Germany with over 100 country offices worldwide. KAS contributes actively and effectively to international cooperation and understanding with a focus on democracy promotion, sustainable development, innovation and international security.
At the KAS-Multinational Development Policy Dialogue (MDPD) in Brussels, our climate-related work focuses on the international dimension of EU climate policy. We are a bridge-builder between the EU and the Global South sensitizing the European policy community for the perceptions of emerging and developing countries. As such, we are a hub for international dialogue, mutual understanding and cross-continental cooperation on climate change and the global energy transition.
In our work, we connect the EU-institutions with our global partner network, including parliamentarians, policy-makers, think tanks and civil society. Our activities include public events, high-level conferences and dialogue programmes, closed-door background talks and exclusive policy workshops. In this context, we coordinate closely with our KAS-Global Programme on Climate and Energy, which comprises four specialized Climate and Energy Programmes/Offices in the Asia-Pacific Region, Latin America, Sub-Sahara Africa and the MENA region as well as the KAS-Headquarter in Berlin.
Our Work Concentrates On The Following Key Topics
- The external dimension of the European Green Deal, with a particular focus on the EU’s climate-development policy nexus, EU climate/environmental/energy diplomacy and international carbon pricing;
- The climate-security nexus, with a particular focus on water diplomacy and climate adaptation;
- Climate Multilateralism and Global Environmental Governance, with a particular focus on UNFCCC, CBD and the geopolitics of climate change
- The interrelations between climate change and democracy, with a particular focus on democracy promotion and the competition of political systems in the fight against climate change
To complement the team, KAS-MDPD Brussels seeks to hire a Programme Manager for Climate Change, Energy and Global Environmental Governance, starting as soon as possible, ideally on: 01.06.2021
Full time position Programme Manager (38h/week)
The successful candidate will work in close cooperation with the MDPD Programme Director and will have to:
- Lead our programmatic work on climate change, energy and environment, including through the development, implementation and evaluation of various activities (e.g. background talks, events, conferences, workshops, studies, etc.)
- Set up and contribute to policy papers, studies and podcasts on relevant topics
- Represent KAS-MDPD as a moderator, speaker and participant in relevant forums, including at public events, conferences and workshops
- Prepare, coordinate and attend visiting programmes to the EU-institutions for our partners from the Global South
- Ensure strong and regular engagement/networking with our partners in the Global South and the EU-institutions
- Assist with the logistics of our activities, contractual management and development of an expert data base
- Assist with identifying EU projects and be involved in the application process to secure EU funding in coordination with the KAS EU-Project Team
- A university degree in political science, law, economics or social sciences ideally with a focus on sustainable development, international relations and/or climate change
- Very good understanding and knowledge of EU-institutions and the EU’s international relations
- Very good knowledge of the European Green Deal, climate multilateralism and energy/climate/water diplomacy
- Diplomatic sensitivity and relevant experience in dealing with developing countries, emerging powers and the EU
- Two years of relevant work experience (if relevant and substantive, internships may count as work experience)
- Outstanding analytical and project management skills
- Very good communication skills, including the ability and willingness to represent KAS-MDPD publicly
- Excellent English language skills and good written and oral German skills
- Identification with the socio-political orientation of KAS
What We Offer
We offer a competitive remuneration under Belgium Labor Law and a pleasant working environment in a highly motivated team. We make learning and development an integral part of your work through challenging assignments, coaching, mentoring, and providing in-house and external learning opportunities.
Please, Send Your CV And Motivational Letter Via Email If you are interested in our objectives and work and if your skills match the job profile, we look forward to receiving your written application latest by 10.05.2021 .
Attn. Mr. Denis Schrey
Multinational Development Policy Dialogue (MDPD)
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only successful candidates will receive a reply.