WaterAid is an international NGO focused exclusively on ensuring equitable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene education (WASH) for the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid has been working in Uganda since 1983 and since, it has reached over 1,320,000 people with safe water and 170,000 people with sanitation. Our approach combines service delivery work, physically providing access to WASH with advocacy work, mobilizing support for national policies that advance the rights of poor people living without water and sanitation services. WaterAid Uganda is particularly focused on strengthening the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of water and sanitation services as provided at a local district level by municipal authorities.
WaterAid Uganda has a 15-year strategy that builds on over 30 year’s history of programming in Uganda and responds to the country’s aspirations as articulated in Vision 2040 and the Second National Development Plan (NDPII). It articulates the organization’s positioning in advocating for the place of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
WaterAid Uganda is looking for a consultant to conduct an evaluation of the Country Programme Strategy to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Objectives of the Assignment:
The main objective of this assignment is to conduct an evaluation of the Country Strategy and to;
- Assess the contextual relevance and appropriateness of the current Country Strategy against the backdrop of changes that have occurred in the external environment.
- Assess the effectiveness against the Country Strategic Objectives.
- Assess the added value and synergy of WaterAid Uganda’s programmes with regard to the WASH sector in country.
- Review of current country strategy with emphasis on original programme assumptions. Are key assumptions reflecting the current situation?
- Assess performance in terms of business processes, partnerships, cooperation and coordination, accountability (planning, project design and implementation, reporting and evaluation), and resource mobilization.
- Capture the lessons learnt from the implementation of the Country Strategy and reflect on the implications for the development of the next Country Strategy.
To be successful, you’ll need the following:
Experience in conducting evaluations of strategic plans and/or large, multi-facetted programmes;
- Strong analytical skills of qualitative information;
- Knowledge of the WASH sector in Uganda;
- Experience in political and economic analysis;
- Experience in policy analysis;
- Experience in conducting interviews with different types of Key Informants including government officials, INGOs, NGOs, CSOs, etc.
- Experience in facilitating participatory workshops
- Good writing and presentation skills;
- Good communication skills.
- Legal entity (individual) or registered organisation
Click ‘Apply’ to download the detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) and the Consultancy Application Form that you will find linked at the end of the ToR.
If you are interested in the consultancy and have the right skills and attributes, send your proposals to [email protected] stating “Country Programme Strategy Evaluation Consultant” in the subject line by 5:00pm on 3rd May 2021.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability and gender confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.