Temporary opportunity (to 30 June 2022 – with possibility of extension)
• Starting salary from $106,665 + superannuation + annual leave loading
• Location: Queanbeyan or Albury
This is an exciting opportunity to support delivery of important projects and programs that will improve the health of rivers and wetlands in southern NSW. You will work as part of a high performing team, contribute your expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm to build understanding of the benefits of water for the environment and its role in underpinning healthy communities.
About the Role:
• Provide advice and technical input into the development of strategies, frameworks, plans and guidelines that support regional Environmental Water Planning Programs.
• Support evidence based decision making via the collection, analysis and assessment of data to review, evaluate and report on operational effectiveness in meeting Environmental Water Planning Program outcomes.
• Ensure all Environmental Water Planning Program practices are compliant with legislative and organisation policies
• Program management activities such as preparing plans and briefs, priority setting, fiscal and resource management, evaluation, timely status reporting and delivery within scope, budget and timeframes.
The successful candidate will:
• Understand river and water management, ideally as related to the challenges associated with the management of water for the environment.
• Have an ability to form trusted networks and partnerships with stakeholder groups that build mutual understanding and alliances
• Possess the ability to identify new opportunities and initiatives, to inform policy and program direction, to support innovation in program delivery
• Be able to collaboratively develop and implement programs and activities including through preparation of high quality plans and briefs, priority setting, fiscal and resource management, evaluation and reporting within agreed scope, budget and timeframes.
• Possess a current driver’s licence and a willingness to travel to engage with relevant stakeholders.
For further information on the role contact Jeff Hillan, Senior Team Leader Environmental Water Planning on 0407 590 718 or click here to view the role description.
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster brings together the functions from the former Planning & Environment and Industry Clusters.
Our vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We focus on some of the biggest issues facing our state. We deliver sustainable water resource and environment management, secure our energy supply, oversee our planning system, maximise community benefit from government land and property, and create the conditions for a prosperous state. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
To apply for the position, complete the questions on the online application form, supply a resume and a cover letter detailing how your skills are relevant to the role.
A Recruitment Pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from Planning and Environment Cluster and other NSW Public Sector agencies over an 18-month period.
Applications Close: 11.59pm Sunday 2nd May 2021
Our commitment to flexible working
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to explore new ways of working – including part-time, job-share or working from different locations. Everyone can ask about it.
Our commitment to Diversity
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disabilities.