Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is responding to a Task Order under our ALME/RDMA contract. The purpose of this Task Order (TO) is to (1) review the effectiveness of the approaches used by the USAID Adapt Asia-Pacific in order to help countries gain accelerated access to finance for adaptation projects and (2) draw key lessons from the implementation of the activity as well as recommendations for future programming of USAID’s climate change funds globally. The evaluation team is anticipated to visit and conduct field visits for consultation only in the following countries: Thailand (Bangkok), Indonesia (Jakarta), Philippines (Metropolitan of Manila), and India (New Delhi and Mumbai) as well as in the United States.
Period of Performance:
The estimated period of performance for this TO is about 5-month activity, beginning on or about the early of April 2017
Team Leader will be responsible for the overall implementation of the evaluation and ensuring that all expected tasks and deliverables are achieved on time and of high quality. S/he will provide the leadership for the team, finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate the process of assembling the final findings, conclusions and recommendations into a high quality document. S/he will write and supervise the preparation of the final report, and will ensure the quality of its contents. S/he will also lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID.
The Team Leader must have:
- At least Master’s in a relevant field and 12 years of related technical knowledge and experience in a relevant analytical field (e.g., Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Economics, International Development Studies, and Foreign Relations). Doctorate-level credentials are an added strength.
- Demonstrated understanding of Climate Change Adaptation, preferably in Asia context.
- Extensive experiences coordinating similarly complex assessment and/or evaluations and leading assessment and/or evaluation team.
- Extensive experience engage constructively and effectively with USG and senior host country counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID evaluation policy is a must.
- Excellent in English language editing, organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.