Consultant Roles & Responsibilities
The Drainage Engineer is responsible for the review of existing drainage system functionality, assess the system improvement requirements and develop improvement measures including detailed designs for the works implementation. More specific roles of the job are outlined below.
● Study and assess the storm water drainage flows using all available data and information including (but not limited to) past studies, rainfall data, catchment data, contour maps as well as information collected through local authorities and community consultation.
● Site visits, community consultation, Government liaison as part of drainage assessment and developments of drainage management solutions.
● Review the performance of the existing storm water drainage system including disposal facilities considering the hydraulic capacity, assets condition, maintenance requirements, storm water quality management etc. and report on the system performance identifying most critical components requiring immediate interventions (both maintenance and capital works).
● Establish design parameters, develop optimum drainage solutions considering both immediate interventions and long term solutions. Prepare designs including design drawings, specifications, bill of quantities to the required standard to be included in tender documents.
● Preparation of investigation and design reports as well as related communication material for the donor and the stakeholder sharing.
● General technical support including during tendering process and the works implementation.