We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop-shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of the water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW is seeking an enthusiastic Area Manager to lead and support a team that delivers Water Monitoring services across the Greater Sydney region(Menangle/Nepean/Parramatta/Warragamba).
In this key role, you will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate standards and best practice in collection and dissemination of water monitoring data is implemented, driving excellence in safety at all times.
You will lead by planning, coordinating and monitoring a multidisciplinary team to deliver the collection, analysis, verification, management and dissemination of accurate water monitoring data from an extensive network of surface water, groundwater and water quality monitoring stations. You will develop and implement strategies to ensure team members have the technical capabilities to deliver the required water monitoring products, ensuring data accuracy and quality for all stakeholders.
You will bring:
- Tertiary Qualification in Science, Engineering, Hydrography, Management or relevant discipline/ equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surface water, groundwater and water quality monitoring techniques, issues, trends and technologies
- Strong ability to coordinate, motivate and provide support and direction to a team of field staff.
- Experience in quality assurance for data acquisition and data management
- Project Management and contract management experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations – favourable
- Current First Aid Certificate, Boat License and a willingness to operate 4WD vehicles will come highly regarded.
- Current NSW Driver’s License
For the successful candidate, this role will see you utilise your passion for effective and inclusive people management and actively developing the culture, capability, and performance of our people.
You will work as part of a dedicated and passionate team as well as having access to flexible work arrangements and a dedicated WaterNSW vehicle for business usage.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
All applications must be lodged via an online application – emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 2nd of May 2021.