At South Nation Conservation (SNC) you will be immersed in a diverse professional environment, where you will thrive in a multi-disciplinary community that includes engineers, planners, biologists, foresters, and GIS technicians, among others.
SNC’s strength lies in our experience performing and applying cutting edge science and research at the community level. Our entrepreneurial culture is a dynamic combination of government and private sector, in which you will have the scope to lead innovative projects to protect and enhance our local environment.
The incumbent will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Responsibilities include coordinating the flood and drought water programs and assisting in the planning and execution of engineering projects. This position reports to the Director, Organization Effectiveness.
WHAT YOU OFFER:
- Post-secondary education in water resource engineering or a related field with emphasis on water resource management.
- Working towards a Professional Engineer designation to be licensed in the Province of Ontario.
- Knowledge of hydrologic systems and functions.
- Knowledge of Conservation Authorities Act, Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Environmental Assessment Act, and various water management programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team on projects and studies.
- Excellent computer skills including HEC-RAS and GIS.
- Excellent organizational analytical skills including project management,
report writing and budget deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral communications and team- oriented skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
- Valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You will join an organization with over 70 years of history.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team and develop your skills.
- You will work for an organization that places tremendous value on the professional and personal development of its employees.
The SNC office is in a rural location in Finch, Ontario, southeast of Ottawa. The successful candidate must have reliable transportation.
Forward resumes, a writing sample, and references by 8:00 am on Friday, April 30th, 2021 to:
Team Lead, Corporate Services
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Please quote ‘Water Resources Specialist – Engineering’’ in the subject line. Submitted resumes must be in Word or pdf format.
Thank you for your interest in South Nation Conservation; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.