At South Nation Conservation (SNC) you will be immersed in a diverse professional environment, where you will thrive in a multi-disciplinary community that includes engineers, planners, biologists, foresters, and GIS technicians, among others.
SNC’s strength lies in our experience performing and applying cutting edge science and research at the community level. Our entrepreneurial culture is a dynamic combination of government and private sector, in which you will have the scope to lead innovative projects to protect and enhance our local environment.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of interesting water resources projects and develop a range of skills. These include, watershed management and modelling, stormwater management, hydrology, hydraulics, stream rehabilitation and natural channel design, field assessments and surveying, project management, and monitoring water quality and quantity.
WHAT YOU OFFER:
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or related discipline.
- Licensed or eligible for registration as a Profession Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Conservation Authorities Act, Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Environmental Assessment Act, and various water management programs.
- Experience in water resource management for small and large river systems, including stormwater management, analysis of drainage and erosion problems, analysis of watercourses, and delineation of floodplains.
- Analytical, interpretive and research skills required to assess situations, to conduct studies and to provide reports and recommendations.
- Through understanding of computer and hydrologic modelling programs such as SWMM, HEC-RAS and HEC- HMS, or similar is required.
- Experience in the design and analysis of floodplain mapping and flood control structures.
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports, peer reviews and presentations.
- Excellent organizational analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral communications and team-oriented skills.
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You will join an organization with over 70 years of history.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team and develop your skills.
- You will work for an organization that places tremendous value on the professional and personal development of its employees.
The SNC office is in a rural location in Finch, Ontario, southeast of Ottawa.
The successful candidate must have reliable transportation.
Forward resumes, a writing sample, and references by 8:00 am on Friday, April 30th, 2021 to:
Team Lead, Corporate Services
Please quote ‘Water Resources Engineer’ in the subject line. Submitted resumes must be in Word or pdf format.
Thank you for your interest in South Nation Conservation; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.