Become part of our society.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Assistant Engineer (Water) to join our Flooding and Water Management team.
What does the role involve?
You will be supporting the delivery of a wide variety of projects within the Flooding and Water Management team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support. You will also undertake engineering and scientific studies in areas of flood risk, hydrology, hydraulic modelling, surface water management, SuDS, water quality, water resources, environmental impact assessments and integrated catchment studies.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or similar subject.
- Some previous work expereince, preferably within the UK Water Industry.
- The ability to demonstrate a good technical understanding of hydrology and hydraulics is desirable.
- Experience of flood estimation methods, review or network hydraulic modelling, undertaking water quality and environmental impact assessments, drainage and SuDS design, river engineering or water resource assessment would be useful.
- Experience of GIS (eg ArcGIS or Mapinfor) and hydraulic/hydrology modelling software (eg Flood Modeller/TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM, HYSIM and MicroDrainage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). Working at Sweco you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients. Sweco have accredited training schemes with several professional bodies including CIWEM and ICE as part of our Training Academy.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
• The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
• The position title/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.