• Lead in the conceptualization, baseline surveys, designing and proposal
writing of WASH Program Areas in Africa.
• Build capacity of Operation Directors/Managers and WASH specialists from
concept development to program design.
• Monitor and evaluate the WASH Program strategy implementation and follow
up support to Country Directors.
• Support Country Directors and Operation Directors/Managers in coordinating
with all appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of program planning, monitoring
and implementation for the sector activities in countries.
• Support Living Water International programs in the improvement of water
quantity and quality, Christian witness, sanitation infrastructure and hygiene
• Ensure adherence to Quality standards and procedures of Living Water.
• Lead periodic program monitoring and evaluation in different countries.
• Work closely with Living Water International program Excellence Group in all
• Develop strategic partnerships’ with WASH organizations and governments;
participate in regional WASH meetings.
• Provide Leadership to country offices in East Africa which includes strategy
development, financial oversight, amongst others.
• Ensure all program work is performed safely and maintain a safe working
• Works to identify and facilitate regional partnerships (implementing partners
and private sector partners) and cross-region fertilization of approaches and
• Negotiates technical and strategic aspects of partnerships.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Advance degree in a relevant field preferably an Engineering Degree with
relevant WASH Experience
• At least 10 years progressing experience in program design, monitoring and
evaluation of WASH activities with at least 5 years in developing countries
• Demonstrated leadership capacity and able to lead a team of Country
Directors in East Africa.
• Demonstrated experience and established reputation in WASH programming
• Demonstrate experience in understanding of international WASH and diarrheal
disease control policy and context.
• Ability to train and develop capacity of regional and country level staff.
• Commitment to Christian ethos of development
• Strong planning, community mobilization and inter- cultural communication
• Experience working on a USAID or other grant funded WASH programs in
improving the overall health status at the household level through improved
water access/quality, sanitation and hygiene
• Strong English language skills including excellent writing and presentation
• Willing to travel regionally up to 35 per cent of the time.
Suitably qualified candidates must submit a cover letter (one page only)
explaining their suitability and a detailed CV (not more than 6 pages) with details
of qualifications and work experience including 3 referees – professional, spiritual
and general. All offers of employment are made contingent upon successful
completion of all applicable background checks.
Applications to be submitted to the Regional Human Resource Manager for
Africa via the following email address: [email protected]. by 15th
June 2016. Please do not attach scanned certificates at this stage.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 4 weeks of the closing
Living Water Africa Region (Living Water International Affiliate) is an equal