It’s hard to believe that today over 663 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid is looking for a Programme Officer – Technical support (this is a Civil or Water Engineers position) to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Reporting to the Programme Support Manager, the Programme Officer is WaterAid Malawi’s frontline technical person and is crucial to providing engineering support to WaterAid and partner organisations in the provision of water and sanitation facilities.
The Programme Officer will:
- Provide technical advisory support to WaterAid partners and other key stakeholders during planning and implementation of projects and programmes
- Conduct detailed technical assessments
- Ensure that the workmanship and quality of works delivered in WaterAid supported programme is of high quality and meeting relevant Government of Malawi and internationally recommended standards
- Conduct training needs assessments and deliver appropriate capacity building programmes for WaterAid staff, partner organisations and relevant stakeholders
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Applicants with Water Supply, Water Resources Management and Sanitation as a speciality will have an added advantage
- Proven experience in designing and implementing large scale WASH facilities suitable for a wide range of contexts
- Excellent Computer and numeracy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to apply?
Interested applicants should send their current CV with names of their three most recent referees and a motivation letter to [email protected].
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Malawi. No recruitment agencies please.