Hygiene Promotion Team Member
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The hygiene Promotion Team member will be part of a team that communicates with communities on health and hygiene needs and concerns. He / She will also assist in program strategy, verify information provided by various sources and communicate program implementation strategy to stakeholders as part of the WASH program intervention to safeguard and improve the public health of the affected population by:
• Promoting safe WASH practices including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services with a focus on hygiene practices in WASH program work areas;
• Ensuring appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities;
• By contributing to hygiene promotion sessions, awareness campaigns, and hygiene aids / kits distribution, the hygiene promotion TM will hold important role of contingency/emergency response;
• And any other related tasks.
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Contribute to weekly activity plans of the hygiene promotion team, targeting WASH program work areas and public facilities with HP activities;
- help in drafting beneficiaries’ lists;
- Provide the hygiene promotion TL with daily updates at the end of each day;
- verification (checking) of beneficiary’s lists;
- under supervision of the hygiene promotion TL, contribute to delivering hygiene promotion sessions in collective centres, schools, aid kits distribution points ...etc;
· assist hygiene promotion TL in the data collection process in the field;
· assist in providing day-to-day instructions in the field for the hygiene promotion TL to carry out the hygiene promotion activities.
- ensure that all sessions and beneficiary numbers are recorded properly;
- Submit weekly reports to the Hygiene promotion TL;
- Report any problems and issues occurred in the field to the line manager.
· Certificate related to human sciences or health sciences or any related field (a university graduate);
- Experience of two years in the field of hygiene promotion and in behavioural change activities with humanitarian organizations;
- Respect and interact with potential beneficiaries of all ages;
- Ability to write basic reports of activities, maintain records, and maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent communication, listening, and observation skills, and the ability to create confidence;
- Self-confidence, strength of character, and endurance of work pressure.
- Previous working experience with NGOs (Hygiene Promotion field), and emergency response in particular;
· Experience of working on public health programming, with focus on WASH related diseases;
· Very good skills in Microsoft Office and cloud storage program;
· Public Health background, Protection or similar;
· Good knowledge of Sphere standards;
· Good knowledge of Goal's working context area;
· Training course in GBV or similar;
- Good skills in English.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Application deadline is :20th of April 2021.