Somalia nationals: WASH & Infrastructure Assistant
The Project Assistant will be responsible for the continuous promotion of water quality, hygiene and sanitation standards. This is through campaigns, meetings and community mobilization of the WASH & Infrastructure department in Hargeisa, Somaliland .He/she will be working under the leadership of the Project Manager- WASH and under the guidance of the Technical Specialist.-WASH.
- Work closely with the Project Officer in conducting periodic assessments, baseline studies, context analysis of field realities and giving of feedback on the same.
- Actively participate in beneficiaries’ selection of water truck vouchers for households and hygiene kits.
- Ensure there is an active Management Committee (At least 40 % women) for every constructed / rehabilitated WASH facility among the targeted community.
- Preparation and submission of monthly progress reports of hygiene promotion and share any lessons learnt.
- Degree in Community Development, Public Health or any other related field.
- Possess skills in Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), Child Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (CHAST) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
- 2 years of experience in project implementation of preferably on Community Development, Health or WASH projects.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
Proficiency in using MS office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position is office-based in Hargeisa with regular travel to the field.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.