U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
These positions are located in the Northern Region, Region 1. One position is on the Idaho Panhandle National Forests, Coeur d'Alene River Ranger District and the other is on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest, Moose Creek Ranger District.
These positions serve as professional hydrologists for a Forest Service unit.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please see the Additional Information section below.
Learn more about this agency
- Participate in hydrologic investigations and studies required for planning and design of multi-purpose projects.
- Compile water resource data and translate findings into long range prescriptions or plans for management's use in watershed management and water yield improvement.
- Inspect and evaluate completed watershed rehabilitation projects to determine their effectiveness.
- Exchange technical and operational information with other hydrologists, specialists, special interest groups and the general public.
- Participate in the development of environmental assessments or environmental impact statements.
- Analyze watershed condition classification indicator data to identify trends to meet agency?s plan standards.
- Conduct field investigations following fires to appraise damages to the watershed and recommend treatment for rehabilitation of the area.
- Independently study water resources data to support the unit?s position during negotiations and litigation.
- Provide professional hydrologic input into the development of the unit?s plan.