Job Number: 502706 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programme/Project Management
Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective WASH programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Draft sound WASH programme budgets for review by the supervisor, including concrete steps to enhance emergency preparedness and response.
- Programme Efficiency and Effectiveness
Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through evidence base approach and implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply and emergency assistance and WASH programme status.
- Work Plan and Programme Documentation
Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in WASH project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment (for both development and emergency orientated activities) as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other programme documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Programme Implementation Information and Data
Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that WASH programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information and database (e.g. VISION reporting system and program related reports). Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies. Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation office on maintaining a gender & equity focus in WASH data collection and reporting.
- Knowledge Sharing
Compile WASH programme implementation, preparedness, and training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media.
- Communication and Networking
Ensure the effective communication for development and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
- Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management.
- Team with local Government and sectoral stakeholders counterparts to exchange information on WASH programme implementation, status, capacity and risk mapping, preparedness as well as movement, prepositioning and distribution of supplies.
- Coordinate with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to WASH sector. Where appropriate support the IASC WASH Cluster during preparedness and response to emergencies.
- Demonstrate experience in ensuring convergence of WASH program with health, nutrition and education
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Environmental Engineering, Hydrogeology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance. Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
Two years of professional work experience in national government and field work experience.
Background/familiarity with Emergency preparedness and response (and the IASC Cluster approach).
Fluency in English and local languages Dari and/or Pashto.
Opening Date 31 Jan 2017 Afghanistan Standard Time
Closing Date 13 Feb 2017 Afghanistan Standard Time