Postdoctoral Research Associate in Coastal Hydrogeology and Water Quality
The Coastal Hydrogeology Lab at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of researchers as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Coastal Hydrogeology and Water Quality. The candidate is expected to work independently and will lead a currently funded project aimed at developing next-generation tools and strategies for risk assessment and prediction of the vulnerability of septic system functionality to climate and anthropogenic changes and their importance as non-point pollution to coastal water. In addition, the individual will contribute to various ongoing research projects involving the application of hydrologic, geologic, geochemical, and numerical methods to advance understanding the contribution of submarine groundwater discharge to the chemical budgets of coastal waters.
- Analyze hydrologic and geochemical data and handle statistical tool development for groundwater-surface water interaction analyses.
- Design and oversee field and lab data collection and analyses.
- Prepare manuscripts for publications in peer-reviewed, scientific journals. Prepare and publish peer-reviewed papers and reports for funders.
- Participate in writing proposals to funding sources.
- Support graduate students, organize field work, and be liaison with local community groups.
- Pursue research in the lab and field. Keep current with appropriate literature.
- Attend scientific meetings to disseminate research results.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Doctoral Degree in the field of contaminant hydrogeology, geochemistry, or closely related.
- Record of research competence demonstrated by sustained publication in the peer-reviewed international scientific literature.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and computers.
- Independent, self-motivated, and well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a team player.
- Some knowledge of and experience in reactive-transport modelling and/or multiphase flow.
- Significant experience conducting hydrogeologic field investigations (including drilling supervision, monitoring well installation and hydraulic testing/sampling) as well as experience characterizing and interpreting groundwater geochemistry.
- Experience with statistical and analytical processing of hydrologic and geochemical data (time series water levels, hydrologic parameters, etc.).
- Experimental laboratory and field experience related to hydrology and groundwater contaminant transport via groundwater-surface water interaction analyses.
- Experience with the R or MATLAB programming language and ArcMap.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.