Tearfund is hiring a Project Coordinator for leading, overseeing, supervising Tearfund projects in Bambari, Central African Republic.
Tearfund is a UK based, Christian NGO working in over 45 of the poorest countries around the world, to lift people out of poverty, using local partners and churches wherever possible. Key to our success are our values and characteristics, and the dedication and professionalism of Tearfund staff and partners in the countries we work.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for leading/overseeing/supervising the ECHO funded project initially, which is implemented with Tearfund as the lead agency and one other INGO. Other projects in Bambari are likely to be developed over the coming months. The PC is responsible for these projects through capacity building of national staff and partners, coordinating the implementation, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning of the project activities, delivering quality and accountability performances and helping to produce internal and external narrative and reports.
As Project Coordinator you will take responsibility for a designated area of the team's overall task or specific projects:
- Share in responsibility for the overall team task and be responsible for carrying out work packages.
- Expected to network with other INGOs in CAR, relevant clusters and sub-clusters, mainly the WASH cluster, and represent Tearfund at external meetings with donors and technical advisers.
- Responsible for the line management of specific project implementation staff.
- Responsible for facilitating the provision of information and personnel towards donor report writing and proposal writing.
- Responsible for reviewing own personal development, and overall team tasks.
Do you want to use your skills to truly make a difference, by putting your faith into action? Are you driven to capacity build staff and partners and a true team player? Are you experienced in coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities? Do you have understanding of Wash projects? And are you fluent in French and have working proficiency in English?
If the above describes you, have a look at the attached Job Profile and do apply.
CAR nationals are encouraged to apply.
Depending on funding this position might be extended.
The recruitment process include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal indentification information will be submitted against a Whatchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.