Consultant for Fish Friendly Irrigation Guideline
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education Background: Master’s degree or higher in river fish biology-ecology, hydrology, irrigation or civil engineering;
- Years of Work Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience in fishway design, construction, management and monitoring;
- Years of Experience in the Required Field: At least 10 years.
- Have a strong knowledge or river fisheries biology and ecology particular in the Lower Mekong Basin;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with a wide range of people and to work in a multicultural environment;
- Practical experience with good knowledge of the Mekong riparian countries or similar tropical regions is a strong asset;
- Ability to work and cooperate in international working environments is essential;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; working knowledge of riparian languages is an advantage.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FishFriendly. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.