Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is recruiting a water resources and irrigation specialist to support
project readiness and ensuing administration of ADB agriculture and natural resources management
projects in Kyrgyz Republic. This will initially include the Landslide Risk Management Sector Project,
due for Board consideration in June 2021. The project aims to reduce the vulnerability and exposure of
infrastructure, community assets, livelihoods, and human life in the Kyrgyz Republic to landslide
hazards. Project outputs are: (i) landslide mitigation engineering measures implemented; (ii) systems
for on-site and national-level landslide monitoring improved; and (iii) capacity for landslide risk
Scope of Work
The consultant will provide the ADB team and executing agencies with necessary technical and project
administration support to ensure project readiness, smooth startup, and ensuing efficient project
administration of agriculture and natural resources management projects in Kyrgyz Republic.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
1. Examine the existing reports, current situation, and issues that hinder project readiness and
2. Provide recommendations to executing agencies to improve the readiness and administration progress
and assist in activities to strengthen readiness and administration in line with TA objectives.
3. Provide support to executing agencies and ADB to review and improve necessary project administration
4. Examine planning and design of planned project installations and subprojects and recommend
improvements of bidding documents to introduce modern approaches and technologies.
5. Provide training to the executing agencies on (a) detailed design and procurement planning and bid
document preparation, and (b) procurement and contract management.
6. Support ADB in consultation and meetings with the executing agency and other stakeholders.
7. As requested, assist the ADB team and executing agencies to address constraints that cause delays in
the readiness and administration activities.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The consultant must have at least a graduate degree, preferably post graduate degree, in civil
engineering, water resources engineering, or other relevant subject, with minimum 15 years of
professional experience including at least 10 years of experience in similar externally-funded projects
in developing countries. Experience in ADB-financed projects is highly advantageous.
Minimum General Experience: 15 Years
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment): 10 Years