- Exciting opportunity to work with groundwater and hydrogeology experts in a well-established water management team
- We have a client-facing role working on a variety of challenging projects across a range of industries
- The role can be based in our Melbourne or Geelong office
Enjoy a technical challenge and being front and centre with clients? This role will see you using and growing your technical skills, in addition to directly managing clients on groundwater related projects within our Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group.
About the role
Our team is busy and growing with a strong pipeline of work across infrastructure, contaminated land, mining and environmental impact assessment projects.
Our hydrogeologists work closely with other specialist in the Site Assessment and Remediation group, which means you’ll become part of an expert team of engineers, geologists, chemists, landfill design, waste management specialists and contaminated site auditing consultants working on a wide variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand. Our team also works closely with our geotechnical and environmental impact assessment and management specialists.
You will be an integral part of a well-established and highly experienced team of hydrogeologists and contaminated land management professionals who will support you to develop your skills and broaden your experience. You’ll play a key role in delivering solutions to our clients in the Defence, transport infrastructure, manufacturing, property, and energy sectors.
Our project locations are geographically diverse, and we provide hydrogeological support throughout Australia and internationally.
Day-to-day activities for our hydrogeologists are dependent on the level of experience and project demands. As a specialist member of our team here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Providing specialist hydrogeological advice across a variety of environmental projects locally and nationally
- Designing and implementing complex groundwater field investigations
- Developing scope and cost estimates for proposals
- Conducting fieldwork programs including site assessment, soil and bore logging, well installation, aquifer testing, and groundwater sampling and monitoring
- Hydrogeological data analysis and modelling
- Using your well-developed field skills to support the training and development of junior team members
- Continuing to develop your project management skills
- Preparing groundwater and environmental technical reports
- Supporting and learning from senior experienced hydrogeologists across Coffey and the wider Tetra Tech community
Our people are our greatest asset, so we are looking for a motivated team player who enjoys a challenge, wants to learn, and expand their experience, and ultimately find the best solution for every client.
With well-developed field skills you can support junior staff with their development and can effectively manage large field programs.
We want you to be confident, able to work autonomously, accountable for your actions and focussed on contributing to the performance of our business. You are fundamental to our success.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Science and experience in the field of Hydrogeology. Post-graduate qualifications in Hydrogeology would be viewed favourably
- Approximately 4 to 8 years experience in groundwater and environmental consulting
- Planning and project management skills
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- A professional and service driven approach
- Experience with software programs such as Surfer, ESDAT, advanced skills in MS excel, with MS project and gINT skills viewed favourably.
- A confident ability to build strong and effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders through communication and project delivery
- Strong verbal communication and professional writing skills to produce technical reports, client presentations and successful proposals
- An Australian driver’s license and permanent work rights
A high level of motivation to take ownership of quality, and to be accountable for delivery of groundwater related projects is essential for this role.
Exposure or skills in the following is desirable:
- Analytical and/or numerical modelling
- Geochemical modelling, including experience with Aquachem
- Familiarity with Arc GIS
- Statistical analysis of groundwater data
- Contractor management
- Experience on major infrastructure or PFAS groundwater investigations
Our culture and benefits
We are a technically led business. We recognise the importance of our technical leaders and staff and support their development. Our culture is also based on teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing and professional development. We enjoy a challenge, and our aim is to do things better and smarter by leading with science.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Option to purchase up to additional 4 weeks leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Novated vehicle lease offering
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
Our talented team of hydrogeologist collaborate as project partners with our geotechnical and project management specialists to deliver to our clients national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; manufacturing, energy, mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand with the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.