Subject Matter and Project Management Experts
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Subject Matter and Project Management Experts, Mozambique
ACDI/VOCA is seeking management and technical experts for an upcoming agriculture program funded by USAID in Mozambique.
The program will combine agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Nutrition funding to address programmatic gaps and approaches in building resilience of vulnerable households and communities in selected districts of Zambezia and Nampula provinces. It will achieve this objective through inclusive approaches to increase productivity of farm and food systems, foster diversification of household income, layer, sequence and integrate food security, sustainable water, and positive nutrition interventions.
Career opportunities include the following positions:
- Deputy Chief of Party
- Director of Operations and Finance
- Nutrition and WASH Lead
- Access to Finance
- Enterprise Development
- MEL/CLA Director
- Gender Specialist
- Grants Manager
- Strategic Partnership Specialists
While each position will have its own operational and technical scope under the activity, overall qualifications will meet the below:
- Advanced degree in a field related to the specific technical discipline (above)
- Minimum five years’ experience in the related technical area, including in the private sector
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor-funded project preferred
- Proven ability to facilitate high-value partnerships with communities, private and public-sector stakeholders.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in Mozambique required
- Fluency in Portuguese required, English preferred
Mozambique nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.