WWF-India is a science based conservation organisation that has experience in the field of conservation for over four decades and is dedicated to building a healthy living planet for future generations by conserving biodiversity and reducing footprints. WWF India’s Climate Adaptation Programme focuses on Ecosystem Based Adaptation across landscapes.
Applications are invited from self-motivated and resourceful individuals, knowledgeable on climate change issues, and experienced in climate change adaptation especially community level participatory management, to join the Climate Adaptation team as a Project Officer -Climate Change Adaptation. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing of Climate Change Adaptation Programme with a focus on water and agriculture in the Ganga Basin and other landscapes as required, and will be a key contributor to WWF-India’s growing work on Ecosystem Based Adaptation.
Location: Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
The Job Profile:
- Coordinating and facilitating smooth implementation of on-going adaptation projects including –
- Vulnerability Assessment & Mapping (esp. at micro-level)
- Implementing adaptation pilot projects and supporting adaptation response measures in the Ganga Basin, High Altitude Wetlands, Eastern Himalayas and Coastal regions.
- Validation of package of practices
- Capacity building programmes at various levels—village, block, district, state and basin
- Monitoring of impacts
- Maintaining and managing relationships with Panchayati Raj Institutions, state and national authorities, private sector, NGOs and CBOs and other institutions
- Coordinating with relevant agencies within the Ganga basin on issues related to climate change adaptation
- Preparing scientific and technical reports on the projects as well as lessons emerging
- Basic knowledge of GIS
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
·Master’s degree from a recognized institute in Engineering Sciences/Environmental Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Excellent Coordination and networking skills, ability to work with internal teams and external partners under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of climate change and climate adaptation is essential. 2-3 year experience in implementation of climate change adaptation and community mobilization projects is desirable.
- Excellent communication, documentation, presentation and report -writing skills.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks.
- Willingness to travel to WWF-India field sites.
Apply Via Email to:
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications: February 15, 2017.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Project officer-Climate Change Adaptation”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.