ONE DROP – THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop, an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by the founder of Cirque du Soleil, Guy Laliberté, strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. As an emerging leader of the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (WASH), One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions of communities within developing countries worldwide through innovative water-access projects. To learn more, visit onedrop.org.
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – THE OPPORTUNITY
One Drop is looking for 2 Field Coordinators to implement the “Lazos de Agua Program” in Latin America (Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua and Paraguay) to support the One Drop team based in Montreal in assisting the executing partners in charge of the implementation of the project in the field within the respective countries.
Position 1 : Based in Guanajuato,Mexico
(with frequent travel to Quiché, Guatemala and to regions in Nicaragua (Jinotega and Region Autonoma Del Caribe Norte)
Position 2 : Based in Tumaco, Colombia (with frequent travel to Asuncion, Paraguay) OR Asuncion, Paraguay (with frequent travel to Tumaco, Colombia)
Reporting to the Director, Latin America based in Montreal, Canada
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders in particular local counterparts;
- Providing oversight, infrastructure support and coordination for activities performed by Executing partners;
- Monitoring the overall project;
- Quality control of deliverables submitted by the Executing partner;
- Assisting Executing partners in the procurement process to meet IFI standards;
- Providing oversight and coordination for operation and financial reporting to meet One Drop requirements;
- Collecting, analyzing and synthesizing results and data for monitoring & evaluation reporting.
- Civil engineer or Degree in relevant field including urban planning;
- Desirable to have a professional qualification/registration if applicable
- PMP designation an asset;
- At least 15 year experience of significant experience in project; management within rural development, water supply and/or sanitation;
- Demonstrated experience working for large projects ($ 2 million or greater) financed by IFI especially IDB or World Bank;
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams working for similar projects with a preference in the WASH sector;
- Experience working with governments and institutional partners, ideally in the WASH sector;
- Experience in capacity building to small and medium-sized enterprises or local NGOs;
- Previous local experience in Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua or Paraguay.;
- Fluency in Spanish;
- Knowledge of English and/or French a strong asset;
- Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite;
- Demonstrates leadership and the ability to influence and mobilize teams;
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills to work as part of a team remotely;
- Diplomatic and able to handle delicate situation;
- Ability to work autonomously and result-oriented;
- Interest in art as a vector for behavior change;
- Ability to work in an environment based on multiple partnerships.