Ayuda en Acción
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organisation committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. A supportive community of exchange of values and capabilities, based on dignity, equality and mutual respect, which includes more than 120,000 people, a large number of companies and diverse collaborators, whose solidarity reaches around 2,500,000 people with whom we work together to improve their lives.
With a multi-sectoral humanitarian programme carried out in the Northern Province of Cabo Delgado, Mozambique, we respond to immediate shelter, CCCM, WASH and protection needs of IDP and host families affected by the armed conflict.
Simultaneously we focus on long-term sustainable solutions through the nexus approach.
Objective of the position:
Based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado and under direct supervision and guidance of the Humanitarian Coordinator, the main goal of the WASH Coordinator is to improve relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and impact of WASH projects and activities, through strategic and operational design, planning and follow-up.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Humanitarian Coordinator, the WASH Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Direct management, coordination, leadership technical assistance and follow up of planning, organization and implementation of WASH projects or project components/activities, in close coordination with stakeholders, implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in the planning and follow up of budget lines and chapters for WASH activities.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and follow–up of procurement processes for WASH activities.
- Participates in WASH humanitarian coordination spaces at provincial and district level (i.e. WASH cluster).
- Participates in the preparation of monthly internal reports and reports to donors.
- Participates in the planning, organization and implementation of field visits of donors, HQ staff and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in planning, organization and implementation of other actions related to WASH activities, such as mainstreaming gender, age, disability and protection as well as visibility and communications.
- Manages WASH technicians and officials and provides technical support to the team.
- Participates in monitoring of the security situation and information gathering
- Participates in design, preparation, organization and implementation of needs and risk assessments and in the formulation and amendment of projects.
- Participates in identifying and preparing project reformulations.
- Supports the development of AeA WASH strategy for Mozambique, as part of the AeA’s country and humanitarian strategy.
- Ensures the application, compliance and promotion of humanitarian principles and standards (SPHERE, CHS and others).
- Other tasks that are inherent to the position and/or to the objectives of Ayuda en Acción's humanitarian program in Mozambique.
Terms and Conditions:
- Immediate incorporation.
- 1-year contract with three-month trial period. Can be extended according to performance and funding opportunities.
- Full time employment.
- Salary in line with AeA salary scale.
- Access to the AeA expatriate package or national benefit package.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of proven professional experience in humanitarian operations oversea.
- Specialized technical knowledge and at least 2 years of experience in WASH projects.
- Full working proficiency in English and Portuguese (Spanish or Italian will be accepted for candidates without Portuguese).
- Conflict sensitive and result-oriented project management skills and experience.
- Ability to prepare high quality concise reports on time.
- Representation and networking skills and experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and skills in team management, positive leadership and building staff capacity.
- Safety and security sensitiveness and awareness.
- Specific experience in sub-Saharan countries.
- Postgraduate degree in Humanitarian Action or related fields.
- Knowlegde on humanitarian coordination structures