All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role:
Budget and Financial Management:
- Coordinate and implement the infrastructure Community Support Projects (CSPs) and WASH projects according to strategy, proposals and plans
- Design, tender and manage all CSPs and schools’ rehabilitation contracts and contractors with full adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Develop weekly and monthly activity and work plans for the Water and Sanitation team, Hygiene Promotion team, schools, and CSPs teams
- Supervision, training and development of the WASH and infrastructure staff
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
- With support of the Area Manager and Shelter and WASH PM, organize trainings for the WASH team (as well as for relevant partners and beneficiaries as possible)
- Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents and tenders – confirm accuracy in project documents, contracts and reports
The WASH and Infrastructure Coordinator, in close coordination with the Project Manager and Area Manager, will:
Project Cycle Management Responsibilities
- Provide direct supervision of Water and Sanitation Officers, Hygiene Promotion Officers, and Technical Field Officers.
- Manage the performance of staff under his / her supervision, including working with the staff members to set and monitor objectives and work plans, and provide constructive feedback on an on-going and scheduled basis.
- Oversee the delivery of agreed outputs and for quality of the WASH and CSPs activities being implemented.
- Take timely and considered decisions on how to respond to changing needs of beneficiaries
- Plan the weekly and monthly activities for the teamensuring they are in accordance with overall project objectives, identified outputs and timeframes.
- Ensure that projects guidelines are being implemented as signed off by the Shelter and WASH Specialists.
- Ensure that the WASH and infrastructure activities as defined in the work plan under the team’s responsibilities are taking place on due time and according to NRC standards and guidance.
- Develop and design WASH and infrastructure activities in the Area Office, and contribute to the development, including proposals and other donor documents.
- With support of the Shelter and WASH PM, identify, propose, develop, organize and implement assessments for assessing gaps, project design and planning purpose.
- Ensure that beneficiaries under NRC responsibility are meeting relevant WASH Standards.
- In coordination with the Shelter and WASH Project Manager and M&E Unit, ensure the Monitoring and Evaluation plan is undertaken in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure all project documentation, including tendering and contracting, is prepared and archived properly meeting SOPs.
- Document technical issues and questions and report to the Shelter and WASH Management with suggested ways of addressing them.
- Support with the recruitment of WASH and infrastructure staff
- Conduct frequent field visits to check progress in the field, and to maintain a rapport with beneficiaries, contractors, owners and local authorities.
- Attend monthly working group meetings for WASH, Shelter and North Water Establishment
- As delegated by the Shelter and WASH PM, manage the direct costs of the budget, including the preparation, monitoring and updating of financial work plans, ensuring resources are managed effectively.
- Ensure the WASH database is updated with all beneficiary information and relevant modalities.
- Prepare timely internal monthly reports.
- Contribute to donor reporting and inter-agency reporting mechanisms.
Operations and Administration
- Ensure that he / she understands and applies protection principles and NRC guidance to daily activities
- Ensure that ‘do no harm’ principles are mainstreamed throughout the project management cycle
- Administer the specific WASH and infrastructure projects, in liaison with colleagues in other departments, particularly finance, administration, logistics and security.
- Lead tendering processes and support the procurement of programmatic materials and equipment required in accordance with NRC procedures and in liaison with Logistics.
- Support the Officers and Assistants, and Team Leaders where applicable, in managing a movement plan and that the transportation needs are met for the activities.
- Ensure that WASH and CSPs activities and staff are conducted in accordance with NRC security procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that he / she understands and follows NRC security and safety guidance at all times.
- Area Manager, Shelter Specialist, WASH Specialist, Support Coordinator and Safety & Security Officer.
- Shelter, Education, CSMC, and ICLA Project Managers and M&E Technical Specialist
- Displaced populations and host-community
- Local authorities, humanitarian partners
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, water management or similar related field
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years of proven relevant field experience, preferably within humanitarian context;
- Practical experience with planning and execution of relevant projects;
- Practical experience in managing tenders and contractors;
- Experience in capacity building and community based programming;
- Experience in logistics/ admin / finance management;
- Experience of working in the geographical area;
- Proficient in Arabic and English, both written and verbal;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (EXCEL & WORD); Microsoft Access, AutoCad, Google Earth an advantage.
2. Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results