Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and used the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “Improved Health and Wellbeing of People – Promoting Improved Hygiene Behaviours and WASH Access- Under COVID” specifically focusing on improving hygiene behaviour and infrastructure in urban communities and institutions. Through this project, WaterAid intends to improve behaviour of community and the availability of clean and hygienic environment in 15 urban poor settlements, 20 schools, 20 anganwari centres and 5 health care facilities in Indore, 10 urban poor settlements, 15 schools , 15 Anganwadis and 2 health care facilities in Bangalore and 10 urban poor settlements , 15 schools, 15 anganwadis and 3 health care facilities in Hyderabad .
Contract Duration: 1 year
- Build rapport with communities, school administration and anganwadi workers in the intervention area
- Conduct regular field level meetings
- Organise and conduct hygiene behaviour change sessions with community, teachers, school children, anganwadi workers and Health Care providers on WASH
- Organise hygiene campaigns in the intervention area
4. Eligibilities and requirements
Graduate with good communication skills. Additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education will be an added advantage
- Between 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience in a reputed NGO.
- Experience of working on WASH issues in Schools will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of issues pertaining to WASH in communities
- Exceptional communications skills in Hindi
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders at the community level
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “Community Facilitator – Indore/ Hyderabad/ Bangalore”.
- Completed applications should be sent to [email protected] . Closing date: 26th March 2021
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.