Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and used the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “Improved Health and Wellbeing of People – Promoting Improved Hygiene Behaviours and WASH Access- Under COVID” specifically focusing on improving hygiene behaviour and infrastructure in urban communities and institutions. Through this project, WaterAid intends to improve behaviour of community and the availability of clean and hygienic environment in 15 urban poor settlements, 20 schools, 20 anganwari centres and 5 health care facilities in Indore, 10 urban poor settlements, 15 schools , 15 Anganwadis and 2 health care facilities in Bangalore and 10 urban poor settlements , 15 schools, 15 anganwadis and 3 health care facilities in Hyderabad.
Contract Duration: 1 year
- Establish and Manage working relation with diverse set of stakeholders – Municipal Corporation, different government departments – especially health, education and women and child development.
- Lead and manage the team to ensure all deliverables of the project are met effectively within the desired timeline and with excellent quality.
- Provide guidance and supervise project implementation team.
- Ensure effective documentation of the work being implemented in consultation with the regional office.
- Take lead in conceptualizing and Municipal level consultations /workshops / conferences as required in the project
- Lead, manage and motivate the team, creating an environment that enables staff to maximise their potential and facilitates high performing teams
- Produce high quality report to be shared with the donors and other stakeholders
- Ensure complete reporting of the project in Water Aids’ MIS system
- Undertake additional work as desired by the Supervisor
4. Eligibilities and requirements
Post-graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, civil engineering, international development, economics, water/natural resource management, environment, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education will be an added advantage
Between 4 to 8 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.
Experience of working on WASH issues in Schools, Anganwadis and Health Care Facilities will be an added advantage
- Experience of managing teams working on social development issues
- Experience in coordinating with district administration and municipal bodies
- Sound understanding of issues pertaining to WASH in urban communities, schools, anganwadis and health care facilities
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral in Hindi (English will be an added advantage)
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel in the field extensively
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “City Coordinator- Indore/ Hyderabad/ Bangalore”.
- Completed applications should be sent to [email protected]. Closing date: 26th March 2021
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.