Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and used the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “Improved Health and Wellbeing of People - Promoting Improved Hygiene Behaviours and WASH Access- Under COVID” specifically focusing on improving hygiene behaviour and infrastructure in urban communities and institutions. Through this project, WaterAid intends to improve behaviour of community and the availability of clean and hygienic environment in 15 urban poor settlements, 20 schools, 20 anganwari centres and 5 health care facilities in Indore, 10 urban poor settlements, 15 schools , 15 Anganwadis and 2 health care facilities in Bangalore and 10 urban poor settlements , 15 schools, 15 anganwadis and 3 health care facilities in Hyderabad .
Contract Duration: 1 year
- Managing all technical processes of hardware based procurement in the project
- Design hardware structure in consultation with the City Coordinator and other technical staff in the regional office.
- Quality assurance of all hardware related to the project
- Ensure timely completion of all hardware interventions planned in the project
- Responsible to ensure adherence to technical standards and compliance to technical guidelines and policies in all the projects
- Ensure quality monitoring of all projects implemented by partners in the project
4. Eligibilities and requirements
Diploma/ Graduation / Post graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: civil engineering or environmental science,; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education will be an added advantage
- Between 4 to 8 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.
- Experience of working on WASH issues in communities and/ or institutions will be an added advantage
- Experience in supervising technical projects as well as proven ability implement hardware interventions
- Experience in coordinating/dialoguing with technical wing of district administration
- Sound understanding of issues pertaining to WASH at community and institutional level
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in Hindi (English will be an added advantage)
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively in the field
- Prioritise set and meet deadlines
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “ City Technical Specialist - Indore/ Hyderabad/ Bangalore”.
- Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date: 26th March 2021
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.