The Water and Sanitation Sector Programme – ProSecEau, started its activities in Burundi in 2007 aiming at improving access to hygienically safe drinking water to the vulnerable population in rural and urban areas of Burundi. ProSecEau comprises of 3 components: (1) water quality, (2) urban water supply and (3) rural water supply. The programme’s phasing out is due by the end of 2021, therefore ProSecEau is currently looking for an intern to support the programme in its exit strategy (capitalization, knowledge transfer, etc.). In addition, the intern will be required to assist the SOWAS Sector Network (Services on Water and Sanitation in Sub-Sahara Africa) with organizational matters and knowledge management. SOWAS is a technical platform for GIZ water and sanitation projects which are active in the sub-Saharan Africa region.
As an intern at GIZ, your main focus during your internship will be on:
- Supporting the preparations and drafting of publications, manuals, articles and other information material (in French and/or English) for the capitalization of the ProSecEau intervention
- Assisting the IDA team of Burundi to increase the use and traffic of the Burundi project pages on IDA (Integrated Digital Application)
- Supporting the organization and moderation of digital events and meetings at the ProSecEau and GIZ Burundi level
- Collaborate closely with the national intern working for ProSecEau to support the implementation of activities
- Organize, prepare and conduct basic trainings targeting the ProSecEau colleagues (MS Teams, IDA, Outlook, etc.)
- Helping in improving the structure and content of the SOWAS Sector Network Wiki page located on IDA
- Assisting in the organization of the SOWAS sector Network virtual meetings, workshops and conferences
- Contributing to any other task assigned by your supervisors
- At least 3 years of university studies in Environmental Sciences, Political Sciences, Communication and related (journalism, etc.). A Master’s degree in one of these fields will be considered as a serious asset
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English; German is an asset
- High affinity for working with digital tools, applications and internet platforms. Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications needed
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal instruction and good organisational and planning skills
- Previous experience in international aid and/or development work preferred
- Living/working experience in African countries preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to motivate and engage others
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.634,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Paschen ([email protected]).