Iran nationals: Shelter / WASH Project Manager
NRC in the Islamic Republic of Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 9 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in-country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve the rights of the displaced. Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in the country and is expanding its programme unit.
Role and responsibilities
Personnel Management and Capacity Building:
- Line management for project staff and accountable for the successful staffing and structure of the Shelter & WASH project team.
- Accountable for the successful capacity building of Shelter & WASH staff in relevant competencies. This includes but not limited to; performance management and planning and resourcing capacity building initiatives within the framework of NRC strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Responsible for on the job training in integrated project planning, management, quality control, etc. in coordination with Area Manager and Human Resources
Project Cycle Management Implementation and Budget Management:
- Coordinate and manage Shelter and WASH project implementation in Iran (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Responsible for Shelter & WASH representation in PCM meetings, development of work-plans, spending-plans, procurement plans, M&E plans and protection risk assessments.
- Accountable for the implementation of high-quality Shelter & WASH projects in accordance with the agreed NRC Country and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines. This includes but not limited to: ensuring compliance with relevant minimum standards and collaboration with the Shelter & WASH Specialist in developing minimum technical standards, SOPs and guidance; compliance with NRC procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines; meaningful consultation with affected populations throughout the project-cycle; needs-based targeting and selection; and integration with other Core Competencies where relevant and take an active role in liaison with other actors and stakeholders.
- Responsible for high-quality Area Office-level input into Shelter & WASH Strategies and other programme development initiatives. This includes but not limited to: context and needs analysis needs assessments, assess possibilities for expansion and development of Shelter & WASH activities, pilot activities, Shelter & WASH representation at Country Office and Area-level workshops, meetings, trainings and related events and Shelter and WASH contributions to proposal narratives, budgets and annexes.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting:
- Accountable for accurate and high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation of Shelter & WASH or related activities. This includes but not limited to timely reconciliation of deliverables; construction/process; output and outcome monitoring and internal reporting (e.g. GORS); donor reports and filing and ensuring compliance with Country-level Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy, tools and guidelines.
Protection & Accountability:
- Accountable for Protection and Accountability mainstreaming throughout Shelter & WASH or related activities. This includes but not limited to ensuring safety and dignity of beneficiaries, understanding their diverse needs, enabling meaningful access to NRC’s services, and ensuring adequate accountability to affected populations.
External Coordination and representation:
- Accountable for Area-level external liaison and coordination with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the provincial level and representation concerning Shelter & WASH activities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position. Experience in responding to natural disasters will be a plus
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Water and Sanitation Engineering, Project Management,
- Shelter and WASH technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector and SPHERE standards as well as familiarity with relevant Iranian regulations (e.g. Iranian Building code)
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities including Personnel Management and Capacity Building
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and reporting skills highly desirable
- Being a Kerman Province resident is a plus
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
We can offer:
Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Duty station: Kerman Area Office with 30% travel
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition