Kazakhstan nationals: National Expert on modeling the impact of climate change and water management on water resources of Kazakhstan projected until 2100
The United Nations Development Programme in the Republic of Kazakhstan (UNDP) in the framework of the project #00106780 Development of Kazakhstan's Eighth National Communication and Preparation of Two (Fourth and Fifth) Biennial Reports to the UNFCCC is announcing a national competitive bidding for individuals for the position of National Expert on modeling the impact of climate change and water management on water resources of Kazakhstan projected until 2100.
For detailed information please refer to the attached Terms of Reference and Procurement Notice, available here https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=76393
Place of work: Home-based.
The following documents in PDF format must be attached to your offer and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Ref.2021-011 in the subject not later than 16:00 p.m. Nur Sultan Time zone (GMT+6) on March 31, 2021:
- Duly accomplished Annex 4 “Offeror’s Letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual contractor” and Annex 5 “Breakdown of Costs Supporting the Final All-Inclusive Price” using provided UNDP template; The document should be provided separately from other required below documents; Annexes 4-5 must be password protected!
- Detailed CV, where previous work experience in similar projects should be included, as well as contact details (email and phone number) of the Offeror;
- Brief essay explaining why prospective candidate considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- Other documents certifying the work experience, expertise, education, and skills (qualification improvement certificates\diplomas, awards, etc.);
Financial proposals which are not encoded will be rejected automatically. ONLY fully submitted applications would be considered for evaluation!!!
Late applications will be disqualified automatically.
Duties and Responsibilities
Estimation and analysis of the state of water resources under the influence of climate change projected until 2030, 2050 and up to 2100. For 8 water basins (WB) of the Republic of Kazakhstan: Esil, Nura- Sarysu, Tobol-Turgai, Zhayik-Caspian, Aral-Syrdarya, Shu-Talass, Ertiss, Balkhash-Alakol.
For detailed information, please refer to the Term of Reference (Annex 1) available via the link https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=76393
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong analytical, reporting and writing skills;
• Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work;
• Ability to think and act strategically;
• Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
• A degree in Geography or Environmental Science;
• At least 3 years of research work in hydrometeorology;
• Not less than 3 years of experience working with hydrological models;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in assessing hydrological data and the impact of climate change and other factors on hydrological resources;
• Computer skills and skills in data processing tools;
• Experience of working under similar research projects with international organizations; working for UNDP is considered an advantage;
Excellent knowledge of Russian language; knowledge of English is an asset