WaterAid is an international charity established in 1981 with the vision of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Headquartered in United Kingdom, WaterAid works in 37 countries worldwide, transforming millions of lives every year with safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
WaterAid has been working in India since 1986 and is recognized as a key player in the WASH (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene) sector at both national as well as state level and works across 11 states in the country. WaterAid India (WAI) has a clear focus – water, sanitation and hygiene – and seeks to improve access to safe water, and sanitation and promote improved hygiene for all. We believe these basics as fundamental to human and sustainable development and to the eradication of poverty.
WaterAid India reaches various stakeholders and audiences with updates on its work from time to time for which engaging and informative content is key.
Objectives of the Assignment
Under direct supervision of WAI’s Media and Communications Manager, the Content Coordinator is responsible to plan, design, write, edit, deliver, manage and evaluate content on WAI’s activities and projects for communication, advocacy and fundraising channels.
Scope of Work
Help develop engaging content for WaterAid India’s various stakeholders, audiences and channels, both online and offline, to achieve key communication, advocacy and fundraising objectives by focusing on (but not limited to) achievement of the following results:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for different channels and audiences of content including online, social media, email, video and print
- Support development of a content strategy that supports and extends communication, advocacy and fundraising efforts, both short- and long-term
- Help develop a functional content calendar that will ensure a regular flow of content for various needs of the organization. This should support and meet the needs of various departments such as Fundraising, Policy, Programmes and Knowledge Management functions of the organization.
- Support the Digital Coordinator with suitable content for WAI digital platforms and channels including the website, email, collaterals, social media, and as part of a integrated Communications team.
- Hiring, empaneling and supervising external writers, editors and translators; be an arbiter and creator of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style for the organization.
- Ideating, facilitating and executing requests from Individual Fundraising team, Policy team, & reviewing publications and reports based on a content calendar.
- Development of collaterals and support material for fundraising campaigns.
- Conducting usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics and make recommendations based on those results.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies as and when needed.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, content for WAI’s online channels in consultation with the Digital Coordinator.
- Liaising with Regional Programmes and Fundraising teams to ensure content needs are discussed and planned for collaboratively in a timely manner, to meet with donor requirements at the highest standard.
- Supporting other Business Units / teams with content creation, editing, proofreading requests from time to time.
- Effectively plan and maintain content inventories including photos, videos and other design assets in an easy to access and retrievable content management system.
- Ensuring consistent experience in keeping with the organization’s editorial guidelines and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies as needed
- Provide advice, guidance and training on the effective creation and use of content to staff
- Work closely with the organization’s design agency on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels
- Any other work as assigned and needed
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a similar role. Experience of working with international NGOs will be an asset.
- Post-graduate degree in English/ Journalism/ Mass Communication/ Developmental Journalism/ Media & Advertising will be an asset.
- Interest in knowing about / working in social sector and / or social change communications.
- Flair for creating engaging and compelling content for different audiences from technical updates, reports and case studies.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English. Similar skills in Hindi or any other regional Indian language will be a bonus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure for tight deadlines
- Self starter, motivated, organized, adaptable and able to work as part of a cross cutting and multi-cultural team.
- Open to travel to project sites across India for extended periods, if required.
Location: New Delhi
Please download attached application form. Kindly note that only applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered. Please send your application in enclosed form with a letter of Expression of Interest to [email protected]
Closing date: 30 March 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated for the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.