DAI works on the frontlines of global development in more than 150 countries by transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We recently celebrated our 50th anniversary of tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
DAI is a WASH sector leader with a dedicated team in DAI headquarters and flagship USAID programs in Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Lebanon, the Philippines, and the Africa Regional WALIS Program. We have additional, and significant, WASH activities under our governance programs in Guatemala, Iraq, and Mozambique, among others. Our experience is comprehensive – we take a systemic approach to resolving the upstream protection and management needs of water resources while ensuring the efficient and equitable delivery of water and sanitation services to consumers. We recognize that societies get the greatest health and economic benefits from water and sanitation when we leverage benefits within, and across, sectors (and across our projects) and when local stakeholders are at the center of the decision-making process and part of a collaborative implementation approach.
DAI seeks Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Market Systems activity in Tanzania. The program will strengthen the resilience and performance of the WASH sector through an integrated and systemic approach to rural and urban water service provision; sector financing; sanitation and hygiene markets; and water resource management. The COP will provide the strategic leadership and management necessary to deliver tangible and sustainable results in partnership with government, private sector, and other development partners.
- Provide overall project vision and leadership with a focus on development of collaboration and market systems for sustained services;
- Foster and maintain effective and professional working relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors, and other stakeholders for successful implementation;
- Manage overall project technical, financial, operational, administrative, and logistical aspects and deliver high-quality work products and results;
- Develop and maintain a positive working environment for the team that invites collaboration, innovation, open communication, and knowledge sharing; and
- Ensure overall compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and DAI policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional and project leadership experience in water/WASH sector reform and service improvements, water resource management, WASH sector finance, and/or strengthening of public service delivery and systems strengthening;
- Advanced degree in environment, water and natural resource management, public administration, economics, or a related field;
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, preferably USAID, and knowledge of donor procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated experience in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams, and working with partners, to deliver results;
- Fluency in English and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required;
- Experience with gender and youth integration preferred;
- Experience working in Tanzania required; Tanzanian citizens preferred; and
- Past Chief of Party, or equivalent, experience highly desirable.
Please submit your CV to [email protected] by March 31, 2021.