Team Leader (Waste water management and water supply)
The project concerns the improvement of waste water management and (to a smaller extent) water supply in the town of Nakuru. The purpose of the project is a contribution to the protection of the biodiversity in the Lake Nakuru National Park. This is to contribute to the sustainable and equitable use of clean water and basic sanitation facilities by the population and to the protection of water resources.
The project is expected to be completed in two phases; design and supervision. Phase 1 will possibly have a duration of 12 months. Phase 2 will possibly have a duration of 48 months. There will be a following Defects Liability Period of a further 12 months.
- Rehabilitation and expansion of sewer network in Nakuru Town including construction of new connections
- Repair of leakages and partly rehabilitation of water supply network in Southern Zone of Nakuru Town
- Consulting Services for construction planning and construction supervision
- Rehabilitation, expansion and upgrading of the sewage treatment plant “Njoro”
- Conversion of the sewage treatment plant “Town” into a waste water transfer station and conveyance to Njoro sewage treatment plant
- Rehabilitation and expansion of sewer network in Nakuru town including construction of new connections
Proposed Consulting services:
- Review of feasibility study
- Assessment of the option “wood land irrigation by using treated waste water”
- Preparation of Detailed Design and Tender Documents
- Improvement and optimization of existing water intake structures and existing boreholes for immediate implementation
- Identification and assessment of new alternative water supply options for medium-term investments
- Preparation of an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) including an update of the already available Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), of the Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP) as well as a Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Prepare Effluent Discharge Control Plan to be approved by NEMA and WRA and obtain licenses
- Assist client to obtain NEMA construction license
- Assistance to PEA in Tendering process and Contracting
- Construction Supervision and management
- Assistance during Defects Liability Period
- Preliminary institutional assessment of the Nakuru Water and Sanitation Services Company (NAWASSCO) related to the sustainable operation and maintenance of the newly constructed water and waste water infrastructure.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Civil/Environmental/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Professional experience required
Must have a minimum of 15 years overall working experience
Experience in team leadership and management of wastewater treatment investment projects Experience in design of wastewater treatment infrastructure will be an added advantage
Experience in developing countries in water/wastewater sector will be an advantage
Experience in the Eastern African region, preferably in Kenya
Proficient in written and spoken English
Possibly 48 total months over 72 calendar months (Phase 1 - 10 months / Phase 2 - 35 months/ Defects Liability Period - 3 months)
Deadline For Applications