University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna – responsibility for Humans and Nature. We work for the sustainable use and protection of natural resources.
Working time: 40 hours a week
Term of the employment relationship: limited to a period of 6 years
Allocation in compliance with the Collective Agreement for University Staff to job group: B1 lit. b
Gross monthly salary (depending on previous eligible experience) at least: € 3,945.90 (14 x a year, in addition we also offer an attractive career development programme and an extensive range of social benefits)
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
Tasks and focus areas
– Research in the field of Hydrology and Water Management with a focus on Ecohydrological Modelling and Integrated Water Management
– Develop and apply eco-hydrological modelling systems to describe water, nutrient and energy fluxes in catchments
– Account for anthropogenic impacts as boundary conditions for eco-hydrological modelling systems (e.g. land use change and climate change conditions)
– Research focus on multi- and transdisciplinarity also through cooperation with relevant institutes and departments at BOKU and other Universities
– Develop experimental research to validate the model simulations
– Provide scientific support to implement the Water Framework Directive, and evaluate measures (i.e. policies) in cooperation with relevant federal and provincial ministries
– Teaching and supervision or co-supervision of final papers within the scope of legal possibilities
– Transfer of knowledge and the promotion of junior researchers in line with the social responsibility of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
– Assumption of administrative tasks within the framework of university self-administration
– Acquisition and management of competitively funded national and international research projects
– Publish and present accomplished research results
– Represent the field of expertise at the national and international levels
– Completed doctorate in a relevant field
– Sound professional experience in the scientific field as a postdoc
– Excellent publication achievements as well as international orientation and recognition
– Willingness and ability to lead your own research team incl. the necessary funding this requires (third-party funding)
– Enthusiasm for outstanding teaching
– Excellent knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken or willingness to learn German in the first two years
Other desired qualifications
– Experience abroad as well as in teaching and leadership at universities and research institutions
– Diploma or M.Sc. studies in scientific-technical oriented fields of study (e.g. Environmental Sciences, Water Management and Environmental Engineering, Geoecology)
– Good knowledge of statistics
– Good computer skills (R, Python)
– Experience in the acquisition, management and implementation of research projects
– Ability to work in a team and independence
Closing date for applications: 30th of March 2021
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application in English incl.
– Curriculum vitae with detailed presentation of professional, teaching and research activities
– List of all publications (refereed & non-refereed), lectures and projects
– Electronic transmission of the PDF files of five own publications which you consider to be particularly important
– Rough concept for future plans in research and teaching including your contribution to the scientific profile of the Department
– Teaching portfolio including evaluation results
– Brief explanation why you think you should be particularly suitable for this position (max. 1 page)
– Details of 2-3 professionals that might be willing to provide letter of references
and indicating the reference code 53 to email@example.com until 30th of March 2021.
Applicants are not entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs incurred as a result of the selection procedure.