Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Field Assistant - Water Management on a Consultancy basis.
Locations: Medak & Sangareddy, Telangana
Number of Positions: 5 (Krishna – 1, Medak-2, Sangareddy-2)
Minimum qualification: Graduate in any discipline or Diploma/Intermediate (10+2) with adequate experience in the related field .
Experience: Minimum 4-5 years of experience managing water conservation projects of tank desiltation, check dams, watershed interventions, etc.
- Awareness creation, community mobilization, and rapport building with local communities
- Smoother implementation of all project interventions on soil moisture conservation, watershed interventions, Integrated agriculture, Social forestry, etc
- Collect data for baseline and need assessments and net planning exercise
- Networking with all stakeholders
- Convergence on local government department’s ongoing programs and schemes
- Formation and strengthening of Village Level Institution like Water User Groups (WUG), Village
- Development Committee (VDC), Operation & Maintenance Committee (O&M), etc
- Ensure optimum community participation in project interventions especially women
- Organize meetings and capacity building programs around project interventions
- Ensure adoption and replication of demonstrated project interventions
- Organize field visits of donors/partners/visitors in the project villages
- Safeguarding the interest of Sehgal Foundation and partner organization in villages including assets like office space, signboards, wall paintings, all interventions and infrastructure, etc
- Implement strategies for ensuring long term sustainability of the project interventions
- Other duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor or any Sehgal Foundation representative from time to time
- Strict adhering to organizational vision, mission and guiding principles
Language: Knowledge of Telugu is compulsory.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: March 26, 2021
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter to "> with the subject line – Application for Field Assistant – Water Management (location). *Applicants are required to specify the desired location and current CTC in the email.