The jobholder is the Lead Technical staff of the Technical Division and supports the Division Director in overseeing the work of the Division and in guiding other Specialists. Specifically, the Chief Hydrologist supervises all activities and tasks assigned related to hydrology and hydrological monitoring, and the associated work of information and data management. The position will closely work with other staff in charge of other related basin and environmental monitoring activities including sediment discharge, water quality, ecological health and fisheries. The position holder oversees the management, production, and distribution of the MRC hydro-meteorological information. The position supports the Division Director in leading the implementation of core river basin management functions related to data and monitoring (CRBMF 1), modelling and analysis (CRBMF 2) and forecasting, warning and emergency response (CRBMF 4) and implementation of the MRC Procedures.
– University degree (Master or higher) in engineering, water resources, hydrology, hydro-meteorology or related discipline. A doctorate is desirable.
– TOEIC certificate with 700 points and over is required; An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered.
– Minimum 13 years experience in applied hydrology and water resources engineering;
– Excellent knowledge/experience of the Mekong River Basin hydrology;
– Excellent knowledge and professional experiences in a broad range of hydrological analysis, water monitoring, hydrological modelling or computer modelling techniques as applied to river-system or basin simulation and flood and drought forecasting;
– Good knowledge and professional experiences in website and (web-based) hydrological data/information management system;
– Knowledge of GIS application for water resources management is an advantage.
– Demonstrated project management skills including formulation, planning, programming, execution, coordination, facilitation, report writing, implementation of programmes/projects in a multicultural and international environment, and in particular with relevant line agencies of the MRC Member Countries.
MRC is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process. Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Job Description (JD). Applications are expected to fill in the MRC Personal History Form (Form RS-09). Both JD and the Personal History Form can be found at the top right corner of this page. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and are invited for an interview.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include
(i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position,
(ii) a detailed CV and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Candidates must send his/her application via e-mail to the National Mekong Committee in the candidate’s home country using the contacts below:
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
Address: No. 576, National Road No. 2, Sangkat Chak Angre Krom, Khan Mean Chey, Phnom Penh 12353, Cambodia
Tel. +855-23-216514 Fax. +855-23-218 506
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Thai National Mekong Committee
Address: Office of the National Water Resources
Juthamard Building, 89/168-170 Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Bangkok 10210
Tel. +66-2-5541800 ext. 1392
E-mail: [email protected]
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
Address: 23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
E-mail: [email protected]