Brief of SDI
Social Development International SDI is a non-profit NGO established in 2015 and duly registered in Turkey, which provides humanitarian assistance to affected people in Syria.
SDI services are covering northern Syria areas through its programs which are SNFIs, health, nutrition, education, WASH, protection, FSL and CCCM.
Since the beginning of SDI interventions until the end of 2019, the number of beneficiaries exceeded two million people, with a total spend of more than fourteen million dollars.
- Planning and implementing Shelter projects in accordance with SDI’s and donors’ guidelines and standards.
- Conducting needs assessments and identifying Shelter requirements according to the requirements of the projects.
- Building capacity of the local Shelter team in Syria depending on the size and structure of the team.
- Issuing progress and final reports of activities and projects in addition to accomplishments and statistics reports and sending them to donors and SDI’s program manager.
- Identifying geographic areas of interest to SDI under the humanitarian needs and context of vulnerable populations.
- Analyzing and reporting humanitarian needs and providing clear and detailed recommendations for interventions
- Setting proper targeting criteria and mechanisms to afford and meet the identified needs of vulnerable groups.
- Ensuring technical guidance to implement programs in multiple operation bases through regular field visits (30-50% of the time) according to donors’ and SDI’s requirements, internal procedures and program’s standards.
- Ensuring monitoring for Shelter projects (field visits, regular program monitoring, budget estimation, staff evaluation and planning, donors reports, monthly reports…etc.)
- Ensuring preparing and writing Shelter proposal and reporting to donors (framework, narrative, and budget) in cooperation with local staff and support team.
- Coordinating and cooperating with other program departments and support departments.
- Coordination with Shelter related partner organizations, NGOs, governmental bodies and groups.
- Ensure that awareness, water, sanitation and hygiene projects and programs are implemented effectively and professionally according to the culture and practices of the local population.
- Water, sanitation and hygiene programming.
- Advising the WASH team on water, sanitation and hygiene promotion programs, in wide coordination with other sectors.
- Ensure quality and safety of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative regulations and deadlines set.
- Identify and address staff capacity building opportunities.
- Evaluate the importance and relevance of current and future programming in relation to the promotion of water, sanitation and hygiene in the local context.
- Advising on gender mainstreaming, protection and disaster risk reduction in project and program activities.
- Help prepare water, sanitation and hygiene proposals.
- Make inquiries to evaluate the water, sanitation and hygiene project costs for one year.
- Preparing the activity plan and the monitoring and evaluation system for the proposal.
- Analyze the basic study data to determine the basic needs of the beneficiaries.
- Pledge to build staff capacity in using mapping tools.
- Contribute to contingency planning for a potential emergency response in the area of water, sanitation and hygiene if necessary.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reporting for NGOs and donors, including spending plans and status reports.
- Cooperation and coordination with the government, NGOs and UN agencies on Shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene issues at the Turkish level with the direct supervisor.
- Participate in Shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene meetings at the Turkey level and other relevant humanitarian / recovery coordination meetings.
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders have information about the organization's background, program, goals and areas of work and the duration of programs and activities in the field.
- Strengthening relations with local and regional technical authorities.
- Ensure that there are valid MOUs with relevant stakeholders in the region.
Education and Trainings:
- University degree in Architecture, Civil / Environmental Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Certificate in Project Management PMP or PMD.
- Gender training will be an advantage.
- Work experience within the required field for at least three years.
- Proven experience and a good understanding of humanitarian relief operations related to Syrian context, especially in mentioned sectors.
- Knowledge of Sphere project standards in humanitarian response.
- Experience with design and analysis software such as Autocad, SkyCiv, Solidface, and similar software, in addition to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office application especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive issues and appreciation for how to deal with these issues in different contexts.
- Communication skills
- Flexibility and Patience
- Analytical skills
- Motivation, Creativity and initiative
- Stress management
- Conflict Resolution and problem solving
- Time Management and meeting deadlines
SDI Commitment on Child Safeguarding - CPS
Actions of Child abuse and exportation violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse of Children and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
SDI is an organization working with vulnerable population, including children both directly or indirectly, thus, SDI has a moral responsibility and a duty to protect children within the population that we serve from both intentional and unintentional harm. SDI understand that all staff need to be aware of this policy even though many of staff may never have unaccompanied contact with children or young people through their work. It is not possible to eliminate risk entirely, but we are obliged to develop strategies and mechanisms to reduce the risk.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual exportation and Abuse - PSEA
Actions of SEA violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards the served population and to protect vulnerable populations within the communities served by SDI from any acts of sexual exploitation and abuse which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards the served communities.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual Harassments and discrimination - PSHH
Actions of SHH violate the ethical norms and the damages the team spirit, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution if relevant. SDI prohibits SHH and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards one another and to protect staff within the environment of SDI from any acts of sexual harassment and harassment which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards its staff.
How to apply
- Last date of Applying is 25th of March 2021
- The announced position is urgent and it could be filled before the closing date
- Late submissions can not be considered
- Communications with applicants will be limited to the shortlisted candidates who are screened for interviews or written tests
- SDI HR team will communicate with candidates by email only.