Director (Water for Development)
Durham, NC, United States
Bachelor's (Or Equivalent)
Thanks for your interest in the Director- Water for Development position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 225 open jobs by clicking here.
- Bachelor's Degree and 18 years of experience, Master's degree and 14 years of experience, PhD and 10 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience leading high quality proposals, managing multiple USAID projects, technical assistance and support to international development programs in the water space preferably with a mix of field-based technical implementation experience and program management.
- Experience working on or supporting USAID projects and an understanding USAID technical approaches and priorities in the relavent sector is required; experience with other donor programs is a plus.
- Proven experience supporting international development programs in the WASH and water sector donor programs, preferably with a mix of field-based technical implementation experience and program management.
- Experience supporting the development of technical proposals, such as participating on capture teams, identifying and securing strong partners, supporting solution development, and writing technical sections for proposals.
- Experience in technical work planning, program management, technical assistance, and technical report writing for water activities.
- Experienced in research, methodologies, innovations, emerging trends and technologies in technical area.
- Field experience working in developing countries is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong relationship management skills across teams, with clients and counterparts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines under pressure, and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within matrix project and program teams.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods as needed.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful. Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural teams and a wide variety of operating environments.
- Proficiency in a foreign language, such as French, Spanish and/or Arabic, preferred.