Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities - such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The proposed project will focus on protection programming for Nigerian refugees living in current or planned refugee camps or outside of camps in Niger. The WASH Specialist will support the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities in the core protection program. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the WASH-related output results.
- Assist in the formulation of the WASH outcome and output results, related indicators, baselines, targets and means of verification.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of WASH with other UNICEF sectors, for the achievement of the WASH output results.
- Ensure cohesion and harmonization of activities and services during the program
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in programmes and management, identify and document lessons learned.
- Organize and conduct capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.**
- Provide oversight and guidance to the programme implementation teams to ensure that thematic programme components are technically sound, implementation methods are consistent with national and global strategies, acknowledged good practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Public Health, International Development, Human rights, Psychology, Sociology, or another relevant social science field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French are required.
How to apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following to: with Job Title as the subject, e.g “WASH Specialist”.
- Cover letter (addressing previous related work and daily rate in USD)
- Passport photograph
- 2 written reports on past WASH related projects
Note: Only Nigerian and Nigerien Nationals are eligible for this position