Type of Job:
Business Development, Marketing & Value Addition of Millets through WSHGs
No of positions:
Associate Director, WASSAN
Period of Contract:
The contract will be for a period of 1 year, renewable for another year subject to satisfactory performance and project period extension. The engagement can be cancelled / terminated for any non-performance in duties, misconduct or without assigning any reason thereof.
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad since 1999 is a national level network based organization focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. WASSAN is partnering with the University of Greenwich to undertake action research project on miller processing and value addition and marketing with WSHGs of OLM/Mission Shakti and FPOs of OMM.
Job Description: The Programme Officer will have to
1. Support in establishing, developing and monitoring the millets-based enterprises in the programme like processing units, tiffin centres, food trucks, millet cafes, bakery and other units, etc by WSHGs and FPOs.
2. Good experience in business analytics, calculations, business projections and overall business development.
3. Develop business strategies and capacity building of WSHGs/FPOs on millets-based food and value-added products.
4. Supporting community mobilisation and institution building of the WSHGs/FPOs.
5. Facilitating the research activities by researchers appointed by University of Greenwich as per project requirements.
6. Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
7. Regular reporting to the research and project teams as per the prescribed formats.
8. Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
9. Should be self-driven, energetic, willing to learn and think creatively and innovatively.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Candidate must possess
1. Master’s or Bachelors with 3 yrs experience in Business Administration/ Business Management/Agri-business Management/ Agriculture Economics/Rural Development.
2. Demonstrable experience in business development, marketing programmes / initiatives with CBOs / FPOs / SHGs along with the potential and attitude required to learn.
3. Demonstrable experience/knowledge in financial management, business analytics, calculations, business projections and overall business development.
4. Experience in community mobilisation with WSHGs/FPOs.
5. Should have excellent reading, speaking and report writing skills in Odiya and English mandatorily. Working language of Hindi will be added advantage.
6. Should be willing to travel extensively on field in all seasons. Should have two wheeler for mobility in field.
7. Candidates with understanding of research methodologies will have added advantage.
8. Candidates with proven experience on working and learning on their own will be preferred.
25-35 yrs age group will be preferred.
Salary offered is in the range of Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 45,000 per month commensurate to qualification & experience of the candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must send their latest resume/CV and cover letter mentioning their motivation for the job and the specific skills and experience that makes them suitable for the job. Last date for submitting applications is 31st March 2021 and they must be applied to https://forms.gle/RBU39hJVGKUdqJQQ6.
WASSAN is an equal opportunity provider and encourages professionals from marginalized communities and women with the relevant experience to apply.
WASSAN retains all rights to reject applications or withdraw the job offer without providing further information. WASSAN may or may not recruit the applicants for the job.
Candidates who have applied or appeared for any interview within last 6 months will not be eligible to apply.