U.S. nationals: Water Information Product Owner
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $77,488 (Step 01) to $100,739 (Step 10); NOTE: 1st time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 1. Listed salary is for lowest cost of living areas; salary will be dependent on location.
This term appointment is not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Learn more about this agency
As a Physical Scientist within the Water Mission Area (WMA), Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Integrated Information Dissemination Division (IIDD), Web Communications Branch, some of your specific duties will include:
- Leads projects translating user needs for water data management systems for hydrology, water quality, climatology and ecology information.
- Meets with customers, research staff, management and technical staff to gather business requirements and convey information back to the development team.
- Leads team-based development efforts for web communications, direct project release planning, coordinates staff for completion of deliverables according to multiple project deadlines.
- Uses knowledge of water quality, hydrology and watershed studies, physical sciences and climate science to advise hydrologists, researchers and stakeholders in developing approaches for data storage, management, integration, analysis and distribution.
- Recommends modernization of systems to streamline workflows, and to anticipate and enable communication of new monitoring technologies.