Combine your knowledge of waterway science and a passion for science communication in this dynamic leadership role.
Employed within Terrain NRM, this role is responsible for leading the activities of the Wet Tropics Waterways regional report card partnership, including delivery of the annual report card of waterway health.
The successful applicant will report to the Independent Chair and Management Committee of the Wet Tropics Waterways partnership and manage a team of four people engaged in the ongoing development of the report card, along with associated communications and partnership operations.
We are looking for:
- A professional with a strong scientific understanding of waterway health and the principles of credible and robust science.
- An energetic individual with a passion for communicating waterway health messages and updates to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ideally, a track record in business development and the ability to attract new partners and investment into the report card program.
- A commitment to clear, transparent governance and the ability to facilitate and coordinate inputs into the program from multiple industry sectors.
- Based in Cairns, Innisfail or Atherton
- Fixed term until 30 June 2022 (with possible extension)
- Full time - 36.25 hours per week
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Flexible working conditions
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata) with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary negotiable and dependent upon experience and qualifications
How to apply:
To apply or find out more, download the application kit at https://www.terrain.org.au/employment
Applications close Monday, 22 March 2021 at 4pm (AEST).