The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is implementing a project entitled “Monitoring, evaluation and rationalization of water use for Agriculture Sector in Libya” within the framework of the Regional Water Scarcity Initiative of FAO in Near East and North Africa region. The project will help to build a collaborative framework between the General Water Authority and all its national partners to exchange data, systems and expertise for improving current data collection, monitoring and analysis in order to derive more timely and accurate information on agricultural water use indicators at national level (crops, irrigated, rainfed, areas, quantity of used water).
The National Operations Specialist will be placed under the overall Supervision of the Head of Office, FAO Representation in Libya and the technical supervision of the Land and Water Officer for North Africa (SNE), Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa (RNE) and in close collaboration with the project coordinator.
The National Operations Specialist will support the project implementation and facilitate the project operation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The National Operations Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate the operational assistance of the project for the implementation of the activities on the basis of FAO principles, rules and regulations,
- Support the preparation of the project work plan, the monitoring of the project activities implementations and the continuous readjustment of the work plan and budget;
- Develop procurement plan of the project and engage administrative and operational tasks related to procurement of services and goods, travels, meetings, human resources, etc,…;
- Proofread documents and format texts ensuring their accuracy, grammatical content, punctuation and style, as well as adherence to established FAO standards;
- Support the clearance of the relevant document through the publication workflow System (PWS) of FAO;
- Support the project coordination and the timely preparation and submission of quarterly project Progress Reports to reflect all activities implemented compared with the work plan ;
- provide recommendations for possibly required corrective measures during the implementation phase, and lessons learned and national follow-up actions upon evaluation at the project closure ;
- liaise with the FAO office in Libya for the coordination with the national implementing partner(s) ;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree (Masters’ degree or equivalent degree) in administration or related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
Strong experience on the operation system of UN agency, FAO or equivalent institutions.
- Excellent skills of Arabic and French.
- National of Tunisia or resident with a regular work permit;
- The knowledge of English language is desirable.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement